Data protection statement on recorded calls
Privacy notice for call recording
Which calls does this refer to?
This includes incoming and outgoing telephone calls that are handled by Subsidium-MS’s help desk.
Why are calls recorded?
It has become common practice to record calls due to the growth of business conducted by telephone. Recording customer conversations allows organisations to assess customer satisfaction, train and develop staff, review call quality, and have access to a verbal record of what is said in the event of a subsequent complaint. It also hopefully means employees feel more protected knowing that any threatening behaviour can be evidenced and acted upon where necessary.
How will call recordings be used?
- Quality monitoring – Written records only provide partial information. A call recording provides a more rounded view and allows us to better understand customer experience and assess the processes applied. This can help us identify any improvement areas.
- Training and Development – Listening to a sample number of calls, allows managers to identify training needs.
- Gaining a better understanding of our customers – Many calls are verbally resolved without the need to complete any records. Listening to sample calls will help us better understand our customer needs, and gain a more informed view of organisations we signpost to.
- Complaints and disputes – Some calls are verbally resolved. Where information is entered onto an electronic system this becomes the established record. In the event of a complaint or dispute, a call recording (if available), may provide additional information to help us investigate any allegations.
- Employee safety and wellbeing – A recording may become a vital piece of evidence in the event of any threats being made to the organisation or an individual.
How have we informed our customers that we record calls?
This privacy notice is published on the website.
How do we protect our customer’s information?
Our Data Protection Policy outlines the good principles for handling customer data that we follow and ensures information is accurate and reliable. Recording are deleted after three (3) months.